Will Gadd’s World Worsts
Name Will Gadd
Who? Elite adventure athlete. He set the world distance record for paragliding (twice); kayaked down dozens of first ascents across North America; won the Canadian National Sport-Climbing Championships (4 times); won three gold medals at the X Games; won the Ice Climbing World Cup; and won the US and Canadian Paragliding Nationals. And that’s just part of the list. For more see WillGadd.com
Countries Visited 40
1. Worst Flight Crashed my paraglider once in Boulder, Colorado, and had to launch back into the same air. No fun… Or the flight to Tokyo where the guy next to me kept puking, same time as SARs.
2. Worst Train Ride Getting gassed in southern Spain so some low-lifes could steal our stuff. Fortunately I was too wired to sleep and caught ‘em.
3. Worst Camping Spot Tied into a guard rail beside a road in the black of night in New Paltz, New York. I couldn’t see at all, no light, and was terrified I was going to fall off.
4. Worst Sunburn It was the longest day of the year, on a glacier in the Icefields of Alberta, at altitude, no sunscreen. Idiot. (Age 16)
5. Worst Question from a Journalist “Ever had any experiences where you almost died?” Ever ask a porn star if she’s fucked anyone lately? Yes, now can we move on?