Chris Christensen’s World Worsts
Name Chris Christensen
Who? He’s the host of the Amateur Traveler. The Amateur Traveler is an online travel show that focuses primarily on travel destinations and what are the best places to travel to. It includes both a weekly audio podcast and a twice monthly video podcast. Check it out.
Countries Visited 24
1. Worst Beer I actually hate the taste of beer, so the fact that I do occasionally drink Tekate in Mexico on hot days on volunteer trips does not speak well for the brand.
2. Worst Airport Charles de Gualle is the top of my list right now after flying into there in winter and deplaning on the runway onto a sheet of ice. The whole airport looks like it has not been renovated since the 1950s.
3. Worst Hotel While my first thought went to rooms that smelled so badly of smoke that you thought they might have caught fire, the worst night I ever spent in a hotel was near Hanover Germany in a hotel that we only belatedly realized was over a beer hall on the night of Pinksterfest.
4. Worst Train Ride As a child my family missed a train in Denver and took the “milk train” instead. The whole train stank of sour milk.
5. Worst City for Driving Without question Rome is the worst. Not only is navigation a challenge (all roads may lead to Rome but few seem to lead out) but you are being passed on the left and right by a family of four on a Vespa.