Home > Famous Travelers > Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts

Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts

Chris Guillebeau
Name Chris Guillebeau
Who? Writes for The Oregonian, The Huffington Post, and Anderson Cooper’s 360 site. His book, The Art of Non-Conformity, will be published by Perigee in September 2010. Check out his popular blog here.
Age 32
Countries Visited 129
1. Worst Cliché Found in Travel Writing “I was tired/unhappy/miserable but then I found x and it was all worth it” — and I have to admit I use this one too.
2. Worst Airport Lagos is pretty bad. When I was there I ran into dozens of touts in the arrivals area who hassled incoming passengers in a fairly intimidating manner. The next day I was with a Nigerian friend, and he said “Yeah, the airport used to be bad until they cleared out most of the touts.”
3. Worst City for Driving Probably Dubai. I kept getting lost, backtracking, double-parking, etc. On the other hand, I actually enjoy driving in much of Africa because there are no traffic rules, only traffic guidelines.
4. Worst Car Rental The same one in Dubai. It had an annoying, constant beep that played whenever you went over 50kph. I was driving throughout the whole Emirates, which includes a lot of wide open spaces. I listened that that beep for six hours a day.
5. Most Overrated Museum I tend to think most museums are overrated. But I do remember one particular tour that stands out: on Dominica, the guide spend most of his time talking about the new KFC and the two competing island cell phone carriers.

Famous Travelers , , ,

1. September 13th, 2014 at 05:08 | #1

!のためウェブサイトあなたしばらく今、最終的に得た勇気先に行くし、あなたを与えるために|私は読み取り、次のしてきたテキサス Aポーターから大声で叫ぶ!ちょうどしたかった言及仕事仕事素晴らしい良い素晴らしいを続けてください!

2. September 13th, 2014 at 21:56 | #2

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

3. September 13th, 2014 at 21:57 | #3

Heya! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!

4. September 14th, 2014 at 01:43 | #4

Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks a lot

5. September 14th, 2014 at 01:51 | #5

It was also a time when men were particularly fond of fitted blazers, checked and striped pants as well as breezy knitwear. The fact that makes Vivienne Westwood clothing stand apart from the rest is that it is characterized by light-weight material and intricate embroidered detailing.

[url=http://www.galatabalik.com/Templates/l8ynk8ew.asp][/url]

6. September 14th, 2014 at 02:57 | #6

Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read stuff from.

Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess
    I’ll just bookmark this site.

7. September 14th, 2014 at 06:07 | #7

Westwood believes that there are too few female designers whose designs are kind to women, glamorous and empowering. Her belief is that “Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well”

8. September 14th, 2014 at 07:14 | #8

discount on uggs Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards
    ugg boots ebay size 8

9. September 16th, 2014 at 13:17 | #9

the marketing! It is not a price, now you have an
    easy money

10. September 24th, 2014 at 03:24 | #10

However vaginal herpes is frequently mis-diagnosed.

11. September 30th, 2014 at 15:44 | #12

Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work?

I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal
    daily. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience
    and feelings online. Please let me know if you
    have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
    Appreciate it!

12. October 3rd, 2014 at 17:08 | #13

There may be noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

13. October 4th, 2014 at 08:43 | #14

Your under-construction technology public provides to date sent in over $91 mil with statements for the county, which often based on the Miami-Dade budget business office provides released virtually $88 million. [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Nike-Lunar-Flyknit-Chukka-Mens-Running-Shoes-P6863.aspx]Nike Lunar Flyknit Chukka Mens Running Shoes[/url]
    Gallery Hand Beach [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Nike-Air-Jordan-1-Mid-GG-Girls-Basketball-Shoes-P6351.aspx]Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid (GG) Girls Basketball Shoes[/url]
    Norland at Grape Creek, 7 [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Nike-Free-50-Train-Fit-4-Breath-Womens-Cross-Trainer-Shoes-P7184.aspx]Nike Free 5.0 Train Fit 4 Breath Womens Cross Trainer Shoes[/url]
    “On all of our massive goods, we’ve not gotten that,In . stated Emily Lam, second in command intended for fed problems for your Silicon Valley Direction Set. “A large amount of persons are requesting exactly what many of us doing.In [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Nike-Jordan-1-Retro-94-Mens-Basketball-Shoes-P7081.aspx]Nike Jordan 1 Retro 94 Mens Basketball Shoes[/url]
    The particular Belgian rookie, exactly who gained his / her American Trip card at the particular PGA Catalunya Hotel in Late, experienced a 6-under 138 total by sitting just one chance in front of first-round chief Eddie Pepperell connected with Great britain (71) and also Joost Luiten with the Holland (Sixty nine). [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?The-North-Face-Vault-Backpack-P3323.aspx]The North Face Vault Backpack[/url]
    John Robert is often a former representative along with presidential candidate. They can possibly be reached on RonPaulChannel.internet [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Nike-Air-Max-95-DYN-FW-Mens-Running-Shoes-P4172.aspx]Nike Air Max ‘95 DYN FW Mens Running Shoes[/url]
    Typeface Re-size [url=http://www.gorras.biz/product.php?Harley-Davidson-Loreley-Womens-Western-Boots-P6944.aspx]Harley-Davidson Loreley Womens Western Boots[/url]
    05/21/2014 Goal:44:29 Evening PDT

14. October 9th, 2014 at 14:20 | #15

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images
    aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same
    outcome.

15. October 12th, 2014 at 06:03 | #16

Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards
    burberry handbags

16. October 21st, 2014 at 13:22 | #17

Throughout the grand scheme of things you receive a B+ just for effort and hard work. Where you actually confused me was on the details. As people say, the devil is in the details… And that couldn’t be more correct right here. Having said that, let me tell you exactly what did do the job. Your text is certainly very engaging and this is probably the reason why I am taking the effort in order to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, despite the fact that I can easily see the leaps in reason you make, I am not really sure of exactly how you seem to unite your ideas which in turn help to make the actual conclusion. For right now I shall yield to your point but hope in the near future you link the dots much better.

17. October 21st, 2014 at 13:34 | #18

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing. I’ve had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Cheers!

18. October 21st, 2014 at 13:58 | #19

deborah plus dark-colored decorating. Therefore, these people ended up banished through the NBA, getting fees jogging about several statistics every time they have been utilized inside a recreation.. Your dispute made fuelled the actual nonsense which often created the particular boots and shoes.

19. October 21st, 2014 at 13:58 | #20