Home > Famous Travelers > Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts

Chris Guillebeau’s World Worsts

Chris Guillebeau
Name Chris Guillebeau
Who? Writes for The Oregonian, The Huffington Post, and Anderson Cooper’s 360 site. His book, The Art of Non-Conformity, will be published by Perigee in September 2010. Check out his popular blog here.
Age 32
Countries Visited 129
Titanic Nominations
1. Worst Cliché Found in Travel Writing “I was tired/unhappy/miserable but then I found x and it was all worth it” — and I have to admit I use this one too.
2. Worst Airport Lagos is pretty bad. When I was there I ran into dozens of touts in the arrivals area who hassled incoming passengers in a fairly intimidating manner. The next day I was with a Nigerian friend, and he said “Yeah, the airport used to be bad until they cleared out most of the touts.”
3. Worst City for Driving Probably Dubai. I kept getting lost, backtracking, double-parking, etc. On the other hand, I actually enjoy driving in much of Africa because there are no traffic rules, only traffic guidelines.
4. Worst Car Rental The same one in Dubai. It had an annoying, constant beep that played whenever you went over 50kph. I was driving throughout the whole Emirates, which includes a lot of wide open spaces. I listened that that beep for six hours a day.
5. Most Overrated Museum I tend to think most museums are overrated. But I do remember one particular tour that stands out: on Dominica, the guide spend most of his time talking about the new KFC and the two competing island cell phone carriers.
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg

Famous Travelers , , ,

  1. November 14th, 2014 at 04:46 | #1

    even it also with the rating intensity I give, still i notice if you inspire kids to apply her gear in a college suitable idea and you desserts just the right options for this, at that place isn an issue with wrong get.

  2. November 14th, 2014 at 07:06 | #2

    avant intérêts, impôts, dépréciation et amortissement (EBITDA) a bondi de 20,6% à 1,45 (1,20) milliards d’euros. Le résultat opérationnel s’établit à 24,4% au-dessus de 1,19 (0,95) milliards d’euros. Avec 534 (252) millions d’euros. € mais l’amortissement a augmenté de manière significative. Dans l’ensemble, adidas enregistrés 2012 Dépréciation des écarts d’acquisition de plusieurs unités du groupe. Ces frais, qui sont hors trésorerie, s’élèvent à 265 millions d’euros. Euros et principalement liée à l’activité de Reebok sur les marchés, «Amérique du Nord» et «Amérique latine». Après ces charges de dépréciation, le bénéfice d’exploitation a diminué de 3,4% à 920 (953) millions d’euros. Euros. Soit une marge de 6,2 (7,2)%. Après un -62 (moins 78) Mill. € légèrement amélioré revenu net d’intérêt, le bénéfice avant impôt était de 851 (869) millions d’euros. €. Cela représente une baisse de 2,1%. Pour le Trésor 327 (261) millions d’euros. Euros ont été versés. La ligne du bas du bénéfice net consolidé part du Groupe était de 2 (5) Mill. € de 14,2% à 526 (613) millions d’euros. Euros après. Pour la perte de valeur, le résultat serait ajusté attiré par 29% à 791 millions d’euros. Euros. Dilué le Groupe a annoncé pour le bénéfice par action de 2,52 (2,93) euros. Il a donc été diminué de 14,2%. Le bénéfice ajusté par action a été de € 3,78. Le dividende a été augmenté à 1,35 (1,00) euros.
    collier frey wille http://www.ascls-and.org/takeaction.aspx

Comment pages
  1. January 4th, 2014 at 13:28 | #1
  2. January 5th, 2014 at 15:43 | #2
  3. January 5th, 2014 at 15:59 | #3
  4. May 16th, 2014 at 09:43 | #4