Ginny Light’s World Worsts
Name Ginny Light (formerly Ginny McGrath)
Who? Assistant Travel Editor of Times Online timesonline.co.uk/travel
Countries Visited 30
1. Worst Place You’ve Stayed the Night The Captain Cook hostel in Cairns where we had to stay an extra night so we could get fumigated for bed bugs.
2. Worst Meal A minestrone in the Dominican Republic that had me bed-bound for 4 days.
3. Worst Taxi Ride Cairo — when the taxi accelerated forward the back of my seat collapsed into the boot.
4. Worst Toilet Turkey circa 1992 — a hole in the ground and goats and chickens scratching at the door.
5. Worst Bus Ride Leaving Byron Bay when I was 17 and convinced I wanted to live there and be a surfer chick.
6. Worst Travel Book Alain de Botton’s Art of Travel — I can’t remember anything about it.