Martin Dunford’s World Worsts
2. Worst Drivers Definitely the Belgians, who also aspire to the worst roads in Europe. But
then everything in Belgium looks like it’s falling apart, which is part of the country’s charm.
3. Worst Menu Translation A restaurant in Greece offered “vagina” as one of the chef’s specialities. I declined to try it.
4. Worst Tourist Attraction This has to be the London Eye. Incredibly expensive, and not even a building but a fairground attraction. Other cities have more class. And better views.
5. Worst Hotel I have fond memories of the hotel in Hong Kong where I ended up locked in my own bathroom when the door handle came off in my hand. Or the hotel in Cairo where the beers our group ordered were served to us by prostitutes who fed us crisps – well, the guys anyway; they ignored the girls.
6. Worst Airline The service on most American Airlines makes Ryanair look like Concorde.
7. Worst Airport Well, it used to be JFK but that seems to have improved a bit so I guess I’d have to say Heathrow.