Richard Quest’s World Worsts
Name Richard Quest
Who? Host of CNN’s Business Traveller and Quest Means Business. Richard may have a law degree, but he has worked in broadcasting for more than 20 years covering business, major world events and travel. If you own a TV, chances are you already know Richard’s work. To check out his show online, visit www.cnn.com/businesstraveller.
1. Worst Airport Miami International if I am coming off an international flight. I have missed more internal connections there than anywhere, simply because of the sheer number of people going through immigration. If you arrive when a Caribbean, Latin American, Central American or Mexican flight has arrived, you have time to get married and divorced in the line.
2. Worst Flight Any flight involving a European low cost carrier that has little respect for passengers will do, but the most notable was the now defunct Maxjet from London to New York. The cockpit windshield broke and we diverted to Iceland, where there were no plans and no preparations for us.
3. Worst Airport Lounge Among the worst is Cairo – it’s a miserable lounge with poor facilities.
4. Worst Toilet Any time when I have to use “natural conveniences” while filming in the desert, forest or outdoors. I cannot stand the “bush toilet.” My insides just decide not to co-operate. Obviously something deeply Freudian going on.
5. Worst Meal I HATE, LOATHE, DETEST the breakfast buffet in hotels. Fine for the cold stuff, but seeing eggs and meats just sitting there – Ugh! And I am up and down like a yo yo as I remember the milk, oh, forgot the butter. Damn, now need the jam. Oh no, now the toast is ready. Just give me a good old fashioned US-style diner where I can sit and enjoy my breakfast with the morning paper.
Agree or disagree? Take the 2010 worst travel survey