Larry Habegger’s World Worsts
Who? Co-founder and executive editor of Travelers’ Tales publishing, editor-in-chief of Triporati.com. Has edited or contributed to more than 100 books, including: The Best Travel Writing 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, Travelers’ Tales Australia, The Gift of Travel. Also co-creator of such travel sites as BestTravelWriting.com, WorldTravelWatch.com, WhozHereNow.com and the editors’ site ProseDoctors.com. Syndicated columnist since 1985.
Countries visited 50+
2. Worst Toilet Tower of filth in a long-forgotten guest house in Yogyakarta, Java (but I sure remember the squatter!).
3. Worst Border Crossing ZhangMu, Tibet to Kodari, Nepal, detained 8 hours because they felt like it.
4. Worst Beverage Tibetan tea after day five.
5. Worst Meal Grilled Zambian chicken, literally too tough to bite, and we were famished after rafting the Zambezi, and remained so.
6. Worst Place to “Visit” a jail in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.