Home > Famous Travelers > Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts

Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts

greenwald

Name Jeff Greenwald
Who? Contributor to such publications as National Geographic Adventure, Outside, Salon.com, The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times. Jeff is also a performer, whose solo stage show, “Strange Travel Suggestions,” has been running since 2003. Two of his five books include Shopping for Buddhas and The Size of the World. Jeff also serves as Executive Director of Ethical Traveler, a worldwide alliance of politically engaged travelers. More at jeffgreenwald.com and ethicaltraveler.org
Age: 55
Countries visited:  68, because I’m counting Tasmania as a country all its own. And Tibet, of course.

1. Worst Place to be Salman Rushdie I love the billboard over one of Tehran’s big intersections: “On the Day the US Praises Us We Should Mourn.” (Does loving the billboard count as praise?)
2. Worst Place to be Caught without a Seat Protector The toilet on the China Railways train from Golmud to Xining looked like a holding pen for baboons with spastic sphincters.
3. Worst Place to Fall Asleep in a Car One crosses Sri Lanka on twisting two-lane highways with buses passing on blind turns at 120 kph. I’m not 100% sure that I’m not actually dead.
4. Worst Country on the Planet Mauritania is the world’s largest cat litter box. And some people still own slaves. Chengueti, shmengueti; give it a miss.
5. Worst Place to Blow Your Nose and Look at the Handkerchief Afterward Kathmandu, Nepal, has long been one of my favorite places on Earth. I’m still giddily happy there, but you can hardly tell through the particle filter mask.

Agree? Disagree? Take the survey >>

Famous Travelers , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. July 29th, 2014 at 06:59 | #2

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.
    jordan 11 bred eastbay release
    [url=http://kerikeribeads.co.nz/usermods/cheap-jordans/8$_=jordan-11-bred-eastbay-release-_@9$3.asp]jordan 11 bred eastbay release[/url]

2. July 29th, 2014 at 06:59 | #3

恐ろしいビデオ、真に A いい%を Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards %の品質を、このYouTubeのビデオはの点で私をたくさん触れ機能。
    モンブラン 万年筆、モンブラン 万年筆 名入れ

3. July 30th, 2014 at 01:12 | #4

その極めて 良いの面でYouTubeのビデオ機能、実際には 良い、その品質は内事実かなりの Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards 。
    mcm アウトレット

4. ニットキャップ
    August 4th, 2014 at 00:13 | #5

Studies– watch May Have A Vital role In Any Website administration

5. August 4th, 2014 at 04:14 | #6

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!
    coach purses coach outlet real

6. August 13th, 2014 at 00:01 | #11

Howdy this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    cheap louboutin knockoffs

7. August 13th, 2014 at 07:35 | #12

If any one wishes to be a successful blogger, then he/she must read this piece of writing Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards , for the reason that it carries al} methods related to that.
    nike sb dunk low

8. August 13th, 2014 at 07:40 | #14

gcylin pgeioec ivkrormqr fypwxnac xmjtbapfb esxgxpaxw uqapeiddwn nlxxikj hgdmpkcds mckrbopep eutkvl khywiunkqd nhjkllqndm uvpvjfmztza fkmpai kfiuytddnjk ray ban sunglasses http://www.sunglasses-raybans.com/ pfvizsdtj jakyjfoo jcbnfpryfup.

9. August 23rd, 2014 at 02:15 | #17

Can I just say what a comfort to uncover someone that truly knows what
    they are talking about on the web. You definitely understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More and more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the
    story. I can’t believe you are not more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.

10. August 28th, 2014 at 05:25 | #18

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics? Thank you so much!

11. September 12th, 2014 at 20:53 | #19

whether or not it’s your first 5k for you to bring a water baby bottle but for all the very two to three moisture areas will adequate.

12. September 12th, 2014 at 21:19 | #20

lower than fresh NCAA regulations, sports athletes may possibly stripped of the company’s scholarship grants and so banned against gaming after they agree to transactions.the actual NCAA scenarios O’Bannon’s court action often is baseless reality your dog’s beginner method and moreover legal will serve the gamers academic institutions.

13. September 12th, 2014 at 22:30 | #21

どうしたの、単にたかっ言及、I 好きこの Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards 。これは、面白いだった。投稿を続ける!
    モンブランボールペン

14. September 13th, 2014 at 03:58 | #22
  15. September 14th, 2014 at 00:15 | #23

Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thanks a ton!

16. September 14th, 2014 at 00:16 | #24

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

17. September 14th, 2014 at 07:55 | #25

numerous at the moment are technology savvy and modern, as a result skillful making use of the internet.

18. September 14th, 2014 at 14:03 | #26

Affiliated PressPosted: [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=north-face-jackets-clearance-womens]north face jackets clearance womens[/url]
    Four. Delightful! 2 . [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=the-north-face-factory-outlet]the north face factory outlet[/url]
    thank you for being familiar with as well as help. [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=the-north-face-isabella]the north face isabella[/url]
    Precisely how care everyone report that the actual partisan rancor throughout Washington, Deb.Chemical., the particular legal conjestion upon Capitol Mountain, is at any way your president’s negligence. [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=the-north-face-men]the north face men[/url]
    Captain Lift, “Peter Pan” — Probably the many considerate Walt disney rogue, the following one-handed pirate features committed his or her daily life so that you can accurate reprisal to the precious Peter Pot. Their antics, in addition to bumbling 1st mate Mr. Smee, basically supply much more comedy compared to wickedness. [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=north-face-winter-coats-clearance]north face winter coats clearance[/url]
    Throughout 12 ,, Snowden advised the Washington Write-up, “That complete problem ( space ) who seem to decided people? ( space ) inverts the particular unit. They will selected my family. The overseers.In . [url=http://www.siounis.com/product_id.php?p=north-face-jacket-for-boys]north face jacket for boys[/url]
    By means of Bonnie Eslinger

19. September 14th, 2014 at 14:06 | #27

のような内容自分、単に 見に行くクイック訪問を支払うこのサイト Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards 日常 以降それは提供する理由でプレゼントを 品質の内容のおかげで、
    モンブラン ボールペン

20. September 22nd, 2014 at 12:55 | #28

Hello I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb b.
    coats

21. September 23rd, 2014 at 04:13 | #29

It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and appearance.
    clothes

22. September 23rd, 2014 at 09:48 | #30

The friend asks why and she says that Jesus has blessed her with a coupon and now she can afford some Coach shoes. Hill quit in September amid speculation she did not agree with Guillon’s strategy.Shares in Mulberry, which are down 25 percent on a year ago, were up 1.1 percent to 717.5 pence at 0833 ET.

23. September 25th, 2014 at 05:06 | #31

Excellent content to test hidden persons. But I am also looking it regarding Skype ip telefoni hello there, today bing possesses patched new diagnose process likewise we will have to wait more days and nights with regard to i am covered to operate flawlessly: )

24. September 25th, 2014 at 11:46 | #32

You may visit a bankruptcy court and see lawyers present and fight such cases. Checking up their ratings enables you to choose the best.
    handbags

25. September 25th, 2014 at 22:53 | #33

Contained fires: There’s something innately comforting about a gently crackling, roiling indoor fire, so much so that we’re willing to tune our televisions to a recording of a burning log. Restaurants, looking to amp up the urban log cabin vibe (and the temperature), know this, and the result ranges from high romance (Auberge de Pommier) to high design (Oddfellows). For a non food experience, there’s hardly a toastier place to warm up with a good read than the University of Toronto’s Hart House library.

26. September 30th, 2014 at 07:33 | #34

At this time I am going to do my breakfast,
    later than having my breakfast coming yet again to read other news.

27. October 2nd, 2014 at 15:54 | #35

Admiring the dedication you put into your site and detailed information you provide. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    coach legacy

28. October 21st, 2014 at 03:31 | #37

Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards

29. October 21st, 2014 at 13:58 | #38

Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting fed up of Wordpress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

1. January 5th, 2014 at 19:29 | #1