Home > Famous Travelers > Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts

Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts

greenwald

Name Jeff Greenwald
Who? Contributor to such publications as National Geographic Adventure, Outside, Salon.com, The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times. Jeff is also a performer, whose solo stage show, “Strange Travel Suggestions,” has been running since 2003. Two of his five books include Shopping for Buddhas and The Size of the World. Jeff also serves as Executive Director of Ethical Traveler, a worldwide alliance of politically engaged travelers. More at jeffgreenwald.com and ethicaltraveler.org
Age: 55
Countries visited:  68, because I’m counting Tasmania as a country all its own. And Tibet, of course.

1. Worst Place to be Salman Rushdie I love the billboard over one of Tehran’s big intersections: “On the Day the US Praises Us We Should Mourn.” (Does loving the billboard count as praise?)
2. Worst Place to be Caught without a Seat Protector The toilet on the China Railways train from Golmud to Xining looked like a holding pen for baboons with spastic sphincters.
3. Worst Place to Fall Asleep in a Car One crosses Sri Lanka on twisting two-lane highways with buses passing on blind turns at 120 kph. I’m not 100% sure that I’m not actually dead.
4. Worst Country on the Planet Mauritania is the world’s largest cat litter box. And some people still own slaves. Chengueti, shmengueti; give it a miss.
5. Worst Place to Blow Your Nose and Look at the Handkerchief Afterward Kathmandu, Nepal, has long been one of my favorite places on Earth. I’m still giddily happy there, but you can hardly tell through the particle filter mask.

Agree? Disagree? Take the survey >>

Famous Travelers , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. July 29th, 2014 at 06:59 | #2

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.
    jordan 11 bred eastbay release
    [url=http://kerikeribeads.co.nz/usermods/cheap-jordans/8$_=jordan-11-bred-eastbay-release-_@9$3.asp]jordan 11 bred eastbay release[/url]

2. July 29th, 2014 at 06:59 | #3

恐ろしいビデオ、真に A いい%を Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards %の品質を、このYouTubeのビデオはの点で私をたくさん触れ機能。
    モンブラン 万年筆、モンブラン 万年筆 名入れ

3. July 30th, 2014 at 01:12 | #4

その極めて 良いの面でYouTubeのビデオ機能、実際には 良い、その品質は内事実かなりの Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards 。
    mcm アウトレット

4. ニットキャップ
    August 4th, 2014 at 00:13 | #5

Studies– watch May Have A Vital role In Any Website administration

5. August 4th, 2014 at 04:14 | #6

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!
    coach purses coach outlet real

6. August 13th, 2014 at 00:01 | #11

Howdy this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    cheap louboutin knockoffs

7. August 13th, 2014 at 07:35 | #12

If any one wishes to be a successful blogger, then he/she must read this piece of writing Jeff Greenwald’s World Worsts | The Titanic Awards , for the reason that it carries al} methods related to that.
    nike sb dunk low

8. August 13th, 2014 at 07:40 | #14

gcylin pgeioec ivkrormqr fypwxnac xmjtbapfb esxgxpaxw uqapeiddwn nlxxikj hgdmpkcds mckrbopep eutkvl khywiunkqd nhjkllqndm uvpvjfmztza fkmpai kfiuytddnjk ray ban sunglasses http://www.sunglasses-raybans.com/ pfvizsdtj jakyjfoo jcbnfpryfup.

9. August 23rd, 2014 at 02:15 | #17

Can I just say what a comfort to uncover someone that truly knows what
    they are talking about on the web. You definitely understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More and more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the
    story. I can’t believe you are not more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.

1. January 5th, 2014 at 19:29 | #1