> Famous Travelers
> Pauline Frommer’s World Worsts
Pauline Frommer’s World Worsts
Name Pauline Frommer
Who? Creator of the Pauline Frommer Guidebooks and Co-Host The Travel Show, a nationally syndicated radio show. Pauline appears weekly on CNN.com to discuss the latest travel trends and pens a column for MSN.com. Her guidebook Pauline Frommer’s New York City was just named Best Guidebook of the Year by the North American Travel Journalists Association.
Countries Visited I don’t know. I visited too many before the age of 10 to be able to know how to count ‘em up.
1. Worst Toilet Filthy squatter, Chongquing, China; travel companion’s camera stolen there
2. Worst Show I Ever Had to Sit Through to Review Madame Meg’s Find Your Sexy, Las Vegas. Stiff ex-lawyer turns to stripping to enhance her self-esteem
3. Most Panicked Moment Combining Parenting and Travel Writing 9-year-old daughter stuck in the middle of a zipline course in Costa Rica, dangling 100 feet off the ground
4. Worst Local Delicacy Grasshopper, Indonesia
5. Worst Airline Air Pakistan, duct tape holding together seats, cockroaches in the aisles
Famous Travelers, Favorites